Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reviews and News: Love 21



If you were to step in the Forever 21 in Herald Square you might ask, "what recession?" I stopped by after work to check out their new contemporary line, Love 21. It was unbelievably busy, especially for a Wednesday. I give immense credit to their sales associates for keeping the store running. Love 21 launched in May online and in select stores. I browsed online and really liked some of their pieces, but I'm always a little wary of ordering online and shipping costs. I prefer in-store purchases. So, today I made a long overdue trip to the Forever 21 in Herald Towers. Their selection was much smaller than I anticipated. I didn't recognize any of the pieces I had my eye on. I picked up a couple of things and failed to see a difference in quality. Love 21 claims to have a more sophisticated and modest fit. I can't give any feedback on that because I didn't try anything on. From what I could tell, Love 21 is very similar to Forever 21 except its pieces all have a feminine classic look. I did see some associates unpacking boxes across the floor. I'm hoping they've received a new shipment and with that, more Love 21.



Above are my favorites from this line. The one piece I really had set out to purchase today was the Embroidered Pleat Skirt. I love its detailed simplicity. That sounds contradictory because many times when clothing is detailed, it's hardly simple. You can't really see it in the small image, but it's design (as you know from its name) is all embroidered making it appear delicate. Depending on its length, it could have been work appropriate. The Floral Stroke Woven Skirt wasn't in-store either. I love its colors and paint stroke look. Although none of these pieces are new, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they'll arrive in-store.

Embroidered Pleat Skirt Available at Forever 21 for $22.80

Floral Stroke Woven Skirt Available at Forever 21 for $22.80

Crochet Spotted Blouse Available at Forever 21 for $22.80

Chiffon Flower Print Top Available at Forever 21 for $19.80


What do you think of Love 21? What's your favorite piece from this new line?

0 comments:

Modaholica   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP